Welcome to The Thinking Center!
.Reading is so much more than just reading a sound or knowing a letter name - it is a process that requires specific training. Learning how to read & reading to learn at The Thinking Center are very special. Our goal is to provide short-term reading interventions and educational solutions for long-term outcomes for learners so gaps are narrowed or closed A child or teen doesn't want to fail, so watch for behaviors well before failure happens.
We combine reading training with cognitive training and sensory integration activities that treat the underlying causes affecting reading disorders.
- Sound-Symbol Management
- Auditory Processing
- Advanced Code Knowledge
- Tracking & Convergence
- Working Memory
- Verbal Memory
- Attentional priorities
- Processing Speed
Integrated Reading/Spelling Programs
(Average sessions range between 24 - 36 hours; however, more involved learning calls for more time)
What should a solid reading program teach?
1) Underlying Skills
2) Sound to Symbol Relationship
3) Multi-Syllable Management
4) Special Endings in the Written Language
5) Handle alternative spellings in a manageable, understandable way.
What should a solid fluency program teach?
1) Tracking and eye convergence
2) Teacher Modeling
3) Repeated Reading
4) Progress Monitoring
5) Oral and Written Comprehension
What should a solid comprehension program teach?
1) Concept Imagery
2) Oral & Written communication and expression
3) Following & Completing Directions
5) Weave language together in meaningful thoughts expressively and receptively.
What should a good spelling program teach?
1) Phonemes correctly (basic vowels to complex codes)
2) Multi-Sensory - Visual, Auditory, Kinesthetic Integration
3) Not embed rules that break and are confusing
4) Pure sounds and relationships
5) Handwriting with letters formed consistently